This course focuses on applications for the internet and the World Wide Web, including web browsers, e-mail, and social media. Students will use a variety of tools to develop web pages and graphics. The social and cultural impact of the internet and web technology will be examined through readings and discussions.
In this course students will:
- Create and maintain a Blog
- Review the history of communications and the introduction of new technologies
- Learn how to author web pages by hand using HTML /XHTML
- Learn how to use a variety of software applications to author web pages
- Learn and apply principles of design, usability and SEO to create web pages
- Analyze examples of new and emerging electronic media